- Keep diet rich in phytochemicals: A healthy diet is key to overall health and can help lower the risk of many cancers. Aim to build your diet around a variety of antioxidant-rich fruit and vegetables, nuts, beans, whole grains, and healthy fats. At the same time, try to limit the amount of processed and fried foods, unhealthy fats, sugars and refined carbs you consume. If you need to Consult the best oncologist in chennai contact us
- Engage in moderate-intensity physical activity: Making moderate to vigorous physical activity a part of your lifestyle lowers your risk of cancer and that of other chronic diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes. Moderate to vigorous physical activity is exercise that makes you sweat and your heart beat faster. It includes walking, swimming, cycling, or running. A growing body of research suggests that doing any kind of activity to avoid too much sitting can help lower cancer risk.
- Stick to a regular workout: Regular physical activity may lower the risk of some cancers recurring. It can also help you feel better after treatment ends.
Other benefits of an active lifestyle include:
- Improved self-esteem
- Feeling happier
- Being less likely to have depression, anxiety, and fatigue
- Having more strength and endurance
- Stay up do date with recommended screenings and checkups:
Having cancer screening tests at regular intervals is the single best way to protect against cancer. Not only can screening tests find cancers early when they’re most treatable, in the case of colon and cervical cancer they can actually help prevent the disease. Outside of prevention, screening tests are key to finding cancer early when it is most treatable. Breast, cervical, and colon screening should be priorities for women. Colon screening should be a priority for men. Current or past heavy smokers between ages 55 and 74 should talk with a doctor about the potential benefits and harms of lung cancer screening with low-dose CT.
- Protect yourself from the sun
Too much sun exposure is a well-known cause of skin cancer, including serious melanoma. With melanoma rates rising steadily from year to year both in the United States and worldwide, proper sun protection is the key to avoid cancer. If you want to know more about preventing cancer, Get consultation from Dr.Vimal Athithan – Best Surgical oncologist in Chennai